Your Comprehensive Estate Plan, Streamlined
Estate Planning can seem daunting, and creating a Will can be an emotionally involved process. At ZED Legal, we strive to make the Estate Planning process as seamless as possible for you, while ensuring that you have a complete, detailed, and comprehensive Estate Plan in place that fits your unique circumstances.
We recognize that, while Canadians have many options for getting a Will, recent studies show that fewer than 60% of Canadians have a valid, up-to-date Will in place. Our experienced Wills & Estates lawyer has helped hundreds of Calgarians develop well thought out, detailed Estate Plans at a reasonable price. Your ZED Legal Estate Plan includes the following, and more:
- Assistance taking stock of your assets—you might have a more considerable Estate than you anticipate!
- Assistance deciding whom you’ll leave your assets to, and the legal implications of including or leaving someone out of your Will.
- Advice regarding the important practical and legal considerations when deciding on the right Executor/Personal Representative for your Estate.
- Planning guardianship options for your children and discussing the financial and legal implications of guardianship.
- Any specific gifts you may wish to leave to a charitable or religious organization.
- Discussing your funeral wishes and whether you intend to be buried, or cremated.
- Your furry friends—we consider your pets, so that you can be sure they’ll go to a good home should you pass away.
- We also help clients decide what will happen if they lose capacity before they pass away—a well drafted Personal Directive and Enduring Power of Attorney are critical elements of a well-prepared Estate Plan, and sometimes end up being more important than the actual Will itself.
Your Will Shouldn’t Cost a Fortune
While you can likely find a Will Kit for a fraction of the price of a lawyer-drafted Will, the nuance and technicalities of Alberta Wills & Estate law highlight the importance of professional legal advice regarding your Estate Plan. We believe that every adult Calgarian should have an up-to-date, well thought out Estate Plan in place that includes a well drafted Will prepared by an experienced Alberta Wills & Estates lawyer, which is why we offer competitive pricing and a high level of client service, at an all-in, up-front cost—no need to worry about surprises hidden fees, or a legal bill that breaks the bank.
We Offer Flat Rate Fees for all Wills & Estates Services…
While we strongly believe that our Will Package options offer our clients a comprehensive Estate Plan, we also recognize that you may be looking to review an existing Will with an experienced Calgary Wills & Estates Lawyer, or you may only be looking for a specific document, which is why we offer all of the following options, at reasonable flat rate fees:
- Will Packages
- Enduring Powers of Attorney
- Personal Directives
- Will Reviews
- Specific-Purpose Powers of Attorney
- Legal Advice on Estate Planning Considerations